Now it's time to add your first case. Adding and managing cases with eCasework makes it easy for councillors to handle their workload. Follow these instructions to add a case.
- Click the 'Add Case' button at the top of the screen. A box will pop up.
- Give your case a brief description in the 'Case title' box.
- Cases are assigned to you by default. Click the 'Change' button to assign it to an assistant.
- Tags group cases into categories, and you can see which types of case are most common on your dashboard. We recommend adding tags to get more insight on your ward.
- Set a due date for your case, either an initial or ultimate deadline, it's up to you!
- Associate your case with the constituent that raised it, if any. You add them if they're not yet in your contacts list.
- Describe the case and any action you would like taken to solve it.
- Finally, click the 'Take me to my new case button' and click 'Add case'.