You don't always need to log in to eCasework to manage your cases, you can do it from the comfort of your inbox.
eCasework uses two key elements to record case updates from external sources.
- Emails sent to your eCasework email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A case identifier, e.g. RFHUP.
If your eCasework address is cc'ed into a message and the subject line contains the identifier, the message will be recorded in a case's history. We recommend raising cases in the app first, as you'll be able to copy the case identifier and use it in emails.
Follow these instructions to manage casework from another email.
- Log in to your eCasework account.
- In the top-right corner, click the arrow next to your name.
- Click Add Case to add a new case.
- Enter the case information and click Add Case to create the case.
- You should now be viewing the case you created. Make a note of the case identifier.
- Now head over to your other email inbox, e.g. email@example.com.
- Compose a new message, making sure to add your @ecasework.com email as a recipient (usually in cc).
- Add the case identifier to the subject line, e.g. [ec:RFHUP]. Make sure it's preceded by 'ec:' and that it's all encased in square brackets.
- When you've finished composing your message, send the email.
- The message should be added to your case in eCasework.
If you'd rather not copy the case identifier into your subject line, simply cc your @ecasework.com email into messages. You can then attach those emails to the relevant case or raise a new case from the Email tab.
If the person you've contacted hits 'Reply All' and copies in your eCasework address with the identifier in the subject line, replies from them will be picked up by the app too. You'll need to remember to log in to the app to update due dates on the case, but let us know if you have any feedback.